We all have that one pair of jeans which have been lying around in our wardrobe but hasn’t been worn as much as we’d like!
I had these vibe #jeans which didn’t have enough #lycra to add the #shape and weren’t loose enough to be worn as the #boyfriendjeans. The #rippeddenim or #tornjeans trend has been riding high on the fashion circuits so I thought of doing this little experiment which turned out really well!
Read below for instructions on how you can make your own without spending any extra money! #free #diytips
What You Need :
1. One Pair of Denims preferably non stretchable ( the Lycra thread is difficult to work but not impossible).
2. A pair of sharp scissors
3. A Tweezer
4. Pen or a pencil to mark the design, cloth chalk if
5. Mirror to look into
1. Wear the jeans and look into a mirror to mark the exact areas you want the rips to be at.
2. Make the shapes you want with or without reference to pictures online. Take off and spread on the floor
3. Before cutting make sure to take only one side of the denim in hand. Place a card board if need be inside the jeans.
4. Cut straight across the middle of the design you want. If you want just plain cuts then just put them in a dryer and you’re done.
5. However if you’re going for a more ripped look then bring out the Tweezer and start pulling out the vertical threads off the jeans.
6. You’ll understand this once you start doing it and pulling out the thread will leave the horizontal ones as the look in the picture.
7. If you want a vertical rip the cut vertically and pull out the horizontal thread.
TIP : The main thing is to understand how a cloth is made. There are warps and wefts which is a vertical and horizontal thread intertwined to form a cloth. We are aiming at pulling out the kind we don’t want and leaving the ones we do.
Keep it subtle to begin with. Wear and wash will increase the rip anyway!